Do you know of a sustainability-related event? Post events here.
Do you have a sustainability-related job to post? Post jobs here.
- A New Course: How Innovative University Programs
Are Reducing Driving on Campus and
Creating New Models for Transportation added 3/3
Across America, colleges and universities are showing that efforts aimed at reducing driving deliver powerful benefits for students, staff and surrounding communities. According to a new report from U.S. PIRG Education Fund and the Frontier Group, policymakers at all levels of government can learn from these innovative examples.
- Adapting to Climate Change in Minnesota added 11/25
The Interagency Climate Adaptation Team's (ICAT) 2013 report, Adapting to Climate Change in Minnesota, highlights how state government is working to adapt to the changing climate, reduce risks and impacts, and increase the resilience of our communities.
- Alternative Fueling Station Locator app added 11/25
Developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory with support from the Energy Department, the Alternative Fueling Station Locator app provides information on more than 15,000 stations across the country. Users can search for stations that offer electricity, biodiesel (B20), natural gas (compressed and liquefied), ethanol (E85), hydrogen, and propane.
- Apply to be a MN GreenCorps Member added 4/30
Applications are currently being invited to members for the Minnesota GreenCorps program.
- Best Complete Street Policies of 2012 - Northfield, MN in Top 10 added 4/30
Northfield, MN has developed a Complete Streets policy that has been recognized as a national model.
- Building Better Budgets: A National Examination of the Fiscal Benefits of Smart Growth Development added 6/7
A new report from Smart Growth America determines that smart growth strategies can help any town or city improve its finances.
- Minnesota’s Groundwater: Is our use sustainable? added 6/7
This report on groundwater by the Freshwater Society is an effort to inform Minnesotans about the demands on our groundwater resources and the limitations those resources face.
- Resilient Against What? How Leading U.S. Municipalities Are Understanding and Acting on Resilience added 11/25
This study by the Post Carbon Institute explored how some municipalities that are already leading the way on sustainability are now understanding and applying the concept of resilience.
- ReUSE Minnesota: 'Making Reuse Happen' added 6/7
A new nonprofit trade association recently formed to bring visibility to the reuse, rental, and repair sectors in Minnesota. The vision of ReUSE Minnesota is “a strong Minnesota reuse economy that leads the nation in documented environmental benefits through the intentional actions of committed individuals and institutions."
- State of Green Business 2013 added 4/30
This report published annually, available for free download, looks at where the world of sustainable business is heading and identifies key business trends.
- Used-Vehicles Fuel Economy Tool added 10/7
The Energy Department and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently released a new label that features EPA fuel economy estimates and carbon dioxide estimates for used vehicles sold in the United States since 1984. Consumers may create the new label electronically using a new tool on FuelEconomy.gov.
Do you have a sustainability-related resource to post? Add a resource here.
Would you like to subscribe to the MnSCN Update? Join MnSCN.